28 March, 2010

Brave Laughter

Sometimes, putting on a brave face is harder than whatever it is you're supposed to do after you've put the face on. But despite everything, I feel like even the smallest steps I take add something. They add a new soldier to my army. They add a breath the my lungs.

I've had a rough time crawling out of this particular hole, but I've chosen to believe that no matter how dark it looks right now, something good is coming. It's hard to believe that when I'm in the depths, but I chose to stop the dark thoughts, to believe that my life is not joke, and to trust in the ones who I know love me. The others I'll worry about later. I think sometimes that maybe the one happy sprinkle is meaningless in this giant chasm, but this weekend, I was given a few sprinkles, and I cherished them.

Sometimes you don't want to laugh, because it's a lie. To crack a smile would mean that you're letting that glimmer of light in, and that's a lie. Sometimes the bravest thing you can do is to let yourself laugh. I'm thankful for those who helped me to be brave this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment